- 1635 – The first public school in the United States, Boston Latin School, is founded in Boston.
- 1910 – American President Theodore Roosevelt makes his "The Man in the Arena" speech.
- 1914 – First baseball game at Wrigley Field, then known as Weeghman Park in Chicago.
- 1927 – Cardiff City defeat Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, the only time it has been won by a team not based in England.
- 1932 – The 153-year-old De Adriaan Windmill in Haarlem, Netherlands burns down. It is rebuilt and reopens exactly 70 years later.
- 1940 – The Rhythm Night Club fire at a dance hall in Natchez, Mississippi, kills 198 people.
- 1945 – World War II: Adolf Hitler's designated successor Hermann Göring sends him a telegram asking permission to take leadership of the Third Reich, which causes Hitler to replace him with Joseph Goebbels and Karl Dönitz.
- 1968 – Vietnam War: Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university.
- 1985 – Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke. The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market in less than three months.
- 1993 – Sri Lankan politician Lalith Athulathmudali is assassinated while addressing a gathering, approximately four weeks ahead of the Provincial Council elections for the Western Province.
- 1997 – Omaria massacre in Algeria: Forty-two villagers are killed.
- 2005 – First YouTube video uploaded, titled "Me at the zoo".
- 4/23/05 = 4+23+05 = 32
- 4/23/2005 = 4+2+3+2+0+0+5 = 16
The name of the first YouTube video uploaded is called "me at the zoo".
- me = 4+5 = 9
- at = 1+2 = 3
- the = 2+8+5 = 15
- zoo = 8+6+6 = 20
- me at the zoo = 47
- 47 = Foundation...
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.