Douglas Rain was the right name for the '68 hit, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
On November 11, 2018, which was the 9th month and 11th day of on the Julian Calendar, all of the following happened.
- George W. Bush was given the Liberty Medal
- A Florida vote recount was decided on
- The Jets and the Patriots lost in the NFL
- A massive fire broke out in Seattle, home of the construction firm that built the WTCs
- Joe Perry collapsed at Madison Square Garden in New York at age 68
- Anthony Bourdain, who died June 8, or 6/8, had his last episode broadcast on CNN, 156-days after his death, which was set in New York, the city devestated by the September 11, 2001 attacks, when George W. Bush was President.
- The man who played the voice of Hal, in 2001: A Space Odyssey, died
Again, in 1968, all of the following happened:
- 9-1-1 was made the national emergency dialing code
- WTC construction began in New York City
- George W. Bush graduated from Yale and Skull and Bones (322)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey was released
- The Jets won their only Super Bowl
The man died at age 90.
Read related posts here:
George W. Bush Liberty Medal from Joe Biden:
68-year-old Joe Perry collapses in New York:
Stan Lee dies 9-months and 11 days later +September 11 story with George W. Bush:
Florida recount debacle begins November 9, 2018:
Anthony Bourdain's final episode on CNN, November 11, 2018, in New York:
Seattle Fire of November 10 and 11, 2018:
Don't forget, CNN was the first news network to show footage of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
Here is their timeline: